Today I volunteered at DPNC. They were having an open house so everyone could come for free from 10:00-2:00. For the first hour there were no visitors and I mostly just wandered aimlessly. At 11:00 people started showing up, one by one, but it never really got busy. I got to check out some of the other rooms and one guy had a bunch of primitive weapons. Even though I didn’t do that much for the 4 hours I was there, it was still fun.
A gold holds an owl at DPNC’s open house today
Yesterday we got a cat. His name is Taz. We set up the loft for him and he lives there now. He is very friendly.
It’s the end of 2016 all ready. So what did I do this year? Well, my favorite thing this year was Project O.
Some of the other big things were:
- I got to volunteer at DPNC watching little kids. It was super fun and it could lead to a job one day
- Izzy was born, I got to hold her when she was a couple of hours old, and she laughed for the first time
- I went to Denmark and Sweden and went sightseeing there, which I complained a lot during.
Some things I remember from this year are:
- I built my own bed frame, because I broke my old one, and then the new one broke because it was a little to wide
- I got to go to the movies by myself (well with a friend) and see Doctor Strange as well as Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
- I went to New York City on a school field trip and saw a play there
- I did cross-country for the first time
- I got to go see the Illusionists, which is a magic show
- I turned 13, and Eric, my step-dad, turned 50
- Izzy got baptized in Sweden
- I went in a freezing river-pool in Denmark
- I jumped off a 5 meter board into a pool in Sweden
- I watched the entire Hobbit trilogy on the way back from Sweden
- I went to an old castle in Sweden
- I met a lot of Susanna’s family, including my baby step cousin
2016 – Project O Report
(you have to click on the link)